The Highlands staff is excited to have you all here in our community! This will be a great year for all of us here, and we plan to make living here a life-changing experience. In our community, you will build relationships with people who are working toward fulfilling similar objectives and desire to achieve the same goals in the future. Don’t forget to follow us on social media to stay up to date on all of our events throughout the year. Thank you for joining us, and we can’t wait to have a great time this year!
Please make sure that you put in work orders for your apartment ASAP when you have identified a potential problem. You can easily submit maintenance requests online at livehighlands.com under the Residents tab. You can also come by the office or give us a call anytime you need assistance or to make a request.
Reminders & Updates
Please remember to return your Unit Condition Forms within 48 hours after moving in to exchange for your mailbox key (these forms are very important).
Begin to build strong relationships with your roommates from day one because you all will be motivating each other throughout the year! Don’t forget to join us for events to meet other neighbors and our Community Assistants, too!
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us in the front office.
Find Your Fit This Year!
Did you know that your success as a student is enhanced when you’re involved and engaged outside of the classroom? We want to help you succeed and would love to help you get involved. Below are some tips for getting connected:
- Attend events at your property. We’re planning a great year of events just for you. Join in to meet friends, perhaps learn something new, and enjoy your community. Let us know what you would like to see!
- Find a club or organization on campus and get involved. There are organizations and clubs for almost every interest or academic pursuit.
- Volunteer in the Reno community. Giving back not only makes a difference and is rewarding, but it’s also a great addition to your resume.
- Get plugged in to the local Reno community. From festivals to concerts, there are a lot of opportunities to connect outside of campus life.
- Be sure you’re connected with us on social media, get to know your Community Assistant (CA), and please drop by the office to say hi!
Whatever you decide to do this year, we encourage you to get plugged in. We would love to help you find your fit this year. Let us know how we can be of assistance, and keep an eye out for opportunities to get involved. Our promise to you is an experience that delivers value, is hassle free, and is fun!
Community Events Calendar
Meet Your CA and Travel Potluck — Monday, August 17 from 6:00–8:00 p.m.
Origami and Tea Party — Tuesday, August 18 from 8:00–10:00 p.m.
American Summer Vacation — Wednesday, August 19 from 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
The Night Glow Party! — Saturday, August 22 from 8:00–11:00 p.m.
Notte de Gelato Crema — Monday, August 24 from 6:00–8:00 p.m.
Summer in Italy — Wednesday, August 26 from 6:00–8:00 p.m.
The Ultimate Scavenger Hunt! — Thursday, August 27 from 3:30–5:30 p.m.
Tarzan’s Jungle Fruit Extravaganza — Friday, August 28 from 8:00–10:00 p.m.