We hope everyone is doing great with summer classes and enjoying the break from the full semester! We have tons of great events planned for July, so we hope you all will be in attendance to get to know one another and celebrate summer together. The experiences we are creating here at The Highlands have been a major impact for all of us, and we’ll continue to make memories that will last a lifetime.
Please make sure you put in work orders for your apartment ASAP when you have identified a potential problem. This will help us to minimize damage and make sure you’re having a great experience as a resident here!
Reminders & Updates
If you haven’t filled out the floor replacement document we sent out via email, please do so and turn it in to the front office ASAP so we can consider the dates that you won’t be on site.
Also, please note that the move-out day for the current lease term is August 1 at 11:00 a.m. unless you have renewed your lease for another year. Keep in mind that you must leave the apartment in the neat and clean condition it was in when you moved in per the Unit Condition Form we both have copies of. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us in the front office anytime!
Find Your Campus Advantage
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. While we love to hear all about how you fill your summers with fun trips and activities, baseball games, and farmers’ markets, this time of year can also be perfect for gearing up your professional side. Check out some of the tips below on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus career center. Since it is summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prep you for an upcoming interview.
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales in the summer months on business wear, so check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
Tie-Dye and Caramel Fruit Fondue Soiree — Thursday, July 2 from 10:00 a.m.–noon
The Highlands Game Consoles of Thrones — Thursday, July 9 from 8:00–11:00 p.m.
The Quesadilla Fiesta — Wednesday, July 15 from 2:00–4:00 p.m.
The Optimum Basketball Tournament — Friday, July 17 from 5:00–8:00 p.m.
The Bob for Hot Dog Bar — Wednesday, July 22 from 7:00–9:00 p.m.
The Volleyball Night Glow Tournament — Friday, July 24 from 6:00–9:00 p.m.
Sundae Fun Day — Sunday, July 26 from noon–2:00 p.m.