Summer is here! The pool is opening, and chairs will be set up for everyone to get their tan on. Don’t forget to study hard for your finals! The Highlands wants all of our residents to be successful, so take advantage of the amazing study room and events for finals. If you’re heading home for the summer, make sure to pay your rent and prepare accordingly so you leave your apartment well-kept and ready for you when you get back.
Service Requests: Please make sure that you put in work orders for your apartment ASAP when you have identified a potential problem.
After-Hours Requests: If it is after hours, please call (775) 770-4887, and the on-call technician or Community Assistant will determine whether the work order is an emergency or not.
Pick Up After Your Animals: The Highlands requires that you register your animal with us at the front office. This is a reminder that you are responsible for your pets. There are doggy bag stations throughout the property that residents can use at any time.
Reminders & Updates
The pool will be open now, and that means pool rules will be enforced. Each resident is allowed to have two guests, and glass is not allowed in the pool area. Please be sure to have your pool pass on hand to prove that you are a resident. Music is allowed, but we ask that it is at a low volume.
When you have packages sent to The Highlands through the mail, make sure you have your full name (first and last) with your apartment number in the attention box. This will ensure that you receive your package. If your package needs immediate attention, please notify the staff before the shipping date so we can ensure your package is handled properly.
May Your Summer Be the Best One Yet — Congratulations from Campus Advantage!
As another academic year comes to an end, your management team and everyone here at Campus Advantage would like to congratulate you on a job well done. Being a successful college student or young professional takes a lot of effort, and you deserve credit for all of your hard work!
Over the past year, we hope you’ve taken advantage of all the opportunities that we’ve provided for you to connect with your neighbors, learn new skills, stay on top of your academic game, set yourself up for career success, and open your eyes to new perspectives and adventures.
Some of you may be graduating this year, some may be headed to summer classes. Maybe your hours will be spent at a summer internship or enjoying the sun on a vacation. Wherever your summer months take you, we want you to stay connected with us so we can continue to support you on your way. Consider taking the following steps to ensure your continued success as a resident of Campus Advantage:
- If you’re going to be gone for a significant part of the summer, make sure to prepay or schedule online payments so you don’t miss rent deadlines. Also, communicate your long-term absence with the management office so we can keep a pulse on who will be around this summer.
- If you haven’t already done so, sign up for a free account with the Campus Advantage Career Success portal to get resume assistance, job alerts, and tons of other resources to help you get a job!
- Got some free time? We’ll still be hosting some great events throughout the summer, so make sure to join us for some fun! Also, don’t forget to get out and enjoy our outdoor space and amenities that might have gone forgotten in the winter months.
- If you’re looking for a quality job for the next academic year, stop by and talk to us in the management office about possible openings on our Community Assistant team!
- Finally, if you’re still on the fence about signing a lease for next year — don’t wait any longer! Spaces are going fast, and we want to make sure you’re able to call this community home for another year. Stop by and see us in the management office today to renew your lease or get leasing information for a friend.
Cheers to the end of your semester, and good luck on any pending exams and projects you may have! Make sure to check out the calendar for events going on this month, and follow your community on social media to connect and fuel up for May.
Tie-Dye Day — Thursday, May 17 from 2–4 p.m. — Everyone needs a fun summer shirt to wear. Bring your own shirt and come make yours with our Highlands staff!
Summer BBQ — Saturday, May 19 from noon–2 p.m. — Summer is here! Come celebrate the nice weather at the pool. Burgers and hot dogs will be provided with a variety of drinks and snacks.
Pet Picture Day — Wednesday, May 23 from 3–5 p.m. — Dogs also need to look good! Stop by and get your pet picture. A wonderful background will be made, and a professional camera will be used to get the best picture possible!
We’re Very Fondue of You — Saturday, May 26 from noon–2 p.m. — Do you have a chocolate obsession? It’s OK; we do, too. Come dip your favorite snacks in a chocolate fountain to make the perfect treat!
May Birthday Celebrations — Thursday, May 31 from 9 a.m.–6 p.m. — We would like to celebrate your birthday with you! If you were born in May, be sure to stop by the front office today for a sweet treat!