This is our last month with some of you, and we hope you all enjoyed your time living here! We enjoyed having all of you on our property. We wish you all luck in your future endeavors! While you’re still here for this summer month, be sure to use the pool but remember that no glass of any kind is allowed in the pool area!
Service Requests: We would like to give our maintenance crew a huge shoutout as they work very hard to get service requests completed in a 48-hour timeframe! Please make sure that you put in work orders for your apartment ASAP when you have identified a potential problem. You can submit service requests via your online portal, over the phone, or in the office. Our Community Assistants will gladly help with any issues you may be having.
After-Hours Requests: If it is after hours, please call the on-call number at (775) 770-4887, and the technician or Community Assistant that is on call will determine whether the work order is an emergency or not.
Reminders & Updates
Be sure to follow the pool rules while you’re at the pool. This means that only two guests per resident are allowed, and there is no glass is allowed in the pool area.
With this being the last month for some of our residents, we want to touch base on how to vacate your apartment. Be sure that your rent for July is paid; you have from July 1–4 to pay this. When you are ready to vacate the property, be sure that your room is clean and that you don’t leave anything behind. Also, ensure that you lock your bedroom door to ensure that no one can enter them. Your final step before leaving the property is to turn in your keys to the front office. Below are the keys that we will be collecting from you. Please note that if you are missing any keys, the amount you will be charged is next to the key type:
- Front Door Fob: $50
- Mailbox Key: $5
- Bedroom Key: $5
- Gate Access Card: $50
- Pool Key: $50
- Pool Pass: $50
- Covered Parking Decal: $25
If you have any questions or concerns about how the move-out process works, please feel free to contact the front office.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Tie-Dye — Tuesday, July 2 from noon–2 p.m. — Come to our tie-dye event in the back of the clubhouse. Bring your friends and roommates and make some cool T-shirt designs!
BBQ — Sunday, July 7 from 2–4 p.m. — Join us for barbecue by the pool! We’ll be playing pool games and having some activities.
Beach Volleyball — Wednesday, July 10 from 2–4 p.m. — Come out to the volleyball fields for a beach volleyball game and have some fun with other residents and the staff!
Brunch > Lunch — Thursday, July 11 from 11 a.m.–1 p.m. — Do you like brunch? Well, come on down and enjoy some brunch with the staff and your roommates!
Melty Beads — Wednesday, July 17 from noon–2 p.m. — Come to our crafts event to make your own bead bracelet! You and your roommates don’t want to miss out on this fun and creative event.
July’s Jaws — Friday, July 19 from 7:30–10:30 p.m. — This is one our favorite events to have every year. Come and enjoy some good food and the movie Jaws by the pool at night! Have tons of fun with us and your friends!
Pet Palooza — Wednesday, July 24 from 11 a.m.–1 p.m. — We’ll be hosting a pet day with all sorts of goodies for your pets! So, come on down and meet other residents who have pets and your pets can mingle with each other.
Walking Taco — Friday, July 26 from 1–2 p.m. — Come down to the clubhouse to enjoy some good food with walking tacos!
Farewell Snacks — Wednesday, July 31 from 9 a.m.–1 p.m. — As we close out our year here at The Highlands, we’ll be putting on a snack event for you all to enjoy as you exit the property. Farewell, and enjoy the rest of your summer.