We hope you all had an amazing Christmas and a happy New Year with your family and friends. We’ll still be hosting events through January, so be sure to come down and enjoy all the exciting things that we have to offer!
Service Requests: We would like to give our maintenance crew a huge shoutout as they work very hard to get service requests completed in a 48-hour timeframe! Please make sure that you put in work orders for your apartment ASAP when you have identified a potential problem. You can submit service requests via your online portal, over the phone, or in the office. Our Community Assistants will gladly help with any issues you may be having.
After-Hours Requests: If it is after hours, please call the on-call number at (775) 770-4887, and the technician or Community Assistant that is on call will determine whether the work order is an emergency or not.
Reminders & Updates
Make sure to join us for our Welcome Back Week of events from 1/21-1/25!
Renewal season is upon us! Be sure to stop by the front office or email us at [email protected] to get your renewal offer sent directly to your email. Then, accept and sign your offer to secure your spot!
If you will be gone for an extended period of time, please set your thermostat to 65 degrees to avoid freezing pipes.
If you have any roommate issues or concerns, please contact the front office and talk with our Resident Director about what is going on. We are here to help you and your roommates have a great living experience at The Highlands.
Resolve to Make 2019 Amazing
Welcome to the start of a new year! Your satisfaction and success in 2019 tops our list of goals. What are yours? Here are a few tips to help you move from survive to THRIVE in 2019:
- Get connected! Here in the community, don’t miss out on the opportunity to meet your neighbors, make new friends, and have fun at our events. If there’s an experience we can create for you, please let one of our team members know. Outside of your living environment, take advantage of the many ways you can get involved on campus and in the surrounding area. Please reach out to our team for suggestions of places to go and things to do. We’ll hook you up!
- Define success. What is your next big goal? Is it graduation? Finding that perfect internship or job? Achieving a certain GPA? Take time as 2019 ramps up to envision where you see yourself in the next 12 months. Write down your picture of success and refer to it often! Ask yourself this key question regularly: Is what I am doing today getting me closer to my goal?
- Use your resources. Don’t try to do this alone! Use the resources you have available to help you achieve greatness in 2019. Our team is here for you, whether you have a question about your residential experience or something completely unrelated. If we don’t know the answer, we’ll find someone who can help. When it comes to your career and financial success, be sure to take advantage of our resident-specific resources, including:
- Career Success Portal (careersuccessportal.com): Build your resume, practice interviewing, get access to millions of job listings, and much more! Utilize this EXCLUSIVE resource for our residents.
- RentTrack (renttrack.com/campusadvantage): Have your rent payments reported to all three credit bureaus, and get monitoring and credit protection. Residents have seen their credit scores jump an average of 46 points with just a few months of reporting!
Because you’ve chosen to live at a Campus Advantage community, you have a team behind you, dedicated to helping you have the best experience possible. We’re here for you and can’t wait to see you succeed in 2019 and beyond!
P.S. Be sure to connect with us on our social media accounts so you can stay in the loop!
Cereal Bar — Friday, January 4 from 2–4 p.m. — It’s National Milk Day, and we’re celebrating by having cereal. So, come on down and get yourself a bowl of cereal while hanging out with the staff!
Vision Board — Saturday, January 12 from noon–2 p.m. — Hope you set those goals for the new year, and if you haven’t yet, no worries. We’ll help you get boards together and build an idea map of what you want to accomplish during 2019!
Grocery Bingo — Friday, January 18 from 4–6 p.m. — Come play bingo and win some grocery to stock your cupboards back up after being gone on break.
Burrito Night — Monday, January 21 from 4–6 p.m. — We’re putting on a burrito night! So come on down with your friends and roommates to enjoy this night with a nice and tasty burrito!
Donut Stress — Tuesday, January 22 from 9–11 a.m. — The first day of class can be stressful, but we have the solution for all of you! We’ll have a table set up outside the bus stop and we will be handing out donuts to help you all start the day off right!
Trivia Night — Wednesday, January 23 from 6-7:30 p.m. — Come on down with your friends and roommates and compete in a trivia night to get some cool prizes. Snacks and drinks will be provided, so come on down and enjoy trivia night!
Late Night Breakfast — Thursday, January 24 from 5-7 p.m. — Come by and grab some hot breakfast for dinner.
DIY String Art — Friday, January 25 from noon–2 p.m. — Come down and create your very own string art! We’ll have tables set up with supplies with string and practice designs to help get you started on the canvas. Bring your friends and roommates for this fun and creative event.
Treat Your Pet — Thursday, January 31 from 3–5 p.m. — Come by the office and treat your furry friends to some special goodies.