With move-in just around the corner, we’re planning a bunch of events to bring us all together as a community! Here at The Highlands, we pride ourselves on the way we deliver the Students First® experience. We hope that you’ll all come out and get to know your staff as well as your neighbors!
Service Requests: Please make sure that you put in work orders for your apartment ASAP when you have identified a potential problem.
After-Hours Requests: If it is after hours, please call the on-call number, and the on-call technician or Community Assistant will determine whether the work order is an emergency or not.
Reminders & Updates
Upon move in, please take a moment to sit down with your roommates and get to know them. This is the time that you can share your likes and dislikes, as well as what you expect from one another.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our front office staff. We’re ready and willing to help! Just as a reminder, we always have someone on call if you need to contact the office after hours.
We hope you all have a fantastic August! We look forward to meeting everyone at all of our events.
Make This Your Best Year Yet!
Welcome to a brand-new academic year. You’re off to a great start having chosen to live at a Campus Advantage community. Our goal is to give you an amazing experience! We’ll be providing you with events, resources, and information to help you thrive.
With that goal in mind, we asked returning residents and Campus Advantage team members for their tips! Here’s some of what they had to say:
- Meet your neighbors. Create memories that will last a lifetime!
- Don’t hesitate to get involved. The only things you will regret are the things you didn’t do.
- This is your journey to success! Make a difference, make friends, and make a life!
- Keep an open mind, and take care of one another. You are part of a community, not just a housing facility.
- Set goals for this year. What do you want to experience and accomplish? Make it happen!
- Get to know the staff! The entire team is here to help you succeed.
- Tell us how we can serve you better! Whether it’s an idea for an event or a concern about the community, we want to hear from you.
- Find balance between academics and a life outside of the classroom.
- If you have roommates, set mutual expectations now to avoid future conflicts.
- Join the fun! We’ll have community events for you to join and enjoy all year. Let us know what else you want to see.
We’re passionate about your success, not only in your living experience, but in all areas. Thank you for being part of this community. We look forward to making this your best year yet!
Taco Tuesday — Tuesday, August 22 from 6–8 p.m. in the front office
S’mores and More — Wednesday, August 23 from 6–8:30 p.m. by the fire pit
Tie-Dye — Thursday, August 24 from 6–8 p.m. in the grassy area behind the pool
Chick Flick Friday — Friday, August 25 @ 7:30 p.m. in the grassy area behind the pool
Cool by the Pool — Saturday, August 26 from 5–7 p.m. at the pool
First Day, Midday Snacks — Monday, August 28 from noon–1:30 p.m. in the front office
DIY Arrows — Tuesday, August 29 from 5:30–7 p.m. in the front office
Build Your Own Sundae — Wednesday, August 30 from 5–6:30 p.m. outside the front office
Blindfold Makeovers — Thursday, August 31 from 5–7 p.m. at the front office patio